Can anyone be exempted from taking the Philippine Law School Admission Tests?
Item 10 of Legal Education Board Memorandum Order (LEBMO) No. 7 s. 2016 provides that “honor graduates granted professional civil service eligibility pursuant to PD No. 907 who are enrolling within two (2) years from their college graduation are exempted from taking and passing the PhiLSAT for purposes of admission to the basic law course.”
Accordingly, three basic requisities must concur.
- The applicant is an honor graduate of a Bachelor’s degree
- The applicant is awarded with honor graduate eligibility by the Civil Service Commission (CSC)
- The applicant is enrolling to a law school within two (2) years from their college graduation.
The following documents must be submitted in order to avail of the exemption:
- Two (2) original copies of fully accomplished and duly notarized PhiLSAT Application Form
- One (1) original copy of the Certification issued by the Registrar of the University/College where he/she graduated with a bachelor’s degree. The certification should indicate the following:
- Bachelor’s degree earned
- Graduation date
- Graduation honor received
- Special order (if applicable)
- Granting institution
- One (1) certified copy of the Honor Graduate Eligibility (HGE) Certificate issued by the CSC, or CSC Certification of HGE grant with eligibility number and date of issuance.
This post was last updated on June 25, 2018.